4 days Copenhangin’ Out!

14:22:00








Hey Guys, 

If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll be aware that I was recently in Copenhagen, Denmark’s capital. It was bound to happen sooner or later considering how close it is to Ireland. I was dying to go since my second year of university and it was one of our options as a class trip at the time. Unfortunately, it didn't make the cut. 

Honestly, Copenhagen didn’t impress me as much as I thought it would. Yes it is pretty and yes there are some nice places like Christianshavn and Nyhavn, but to me, it lacked something which the likes of Amsterdam and Prague had. Maybe it was something to do with having a different travel companion or something, but I honestly enjoyed a lot of other places more. 

Bearing that in mind, I thought I'd provide a little review to give you some important pointers in case you are considering Copenhagen for your next trip!  






The Positives 

Small City and Easy to Walk around - Honestly, Copenhagen is one of the smaller places I've visited and it doesn't take you that long to walk around. Not only does it mean you get to see more sights rather than the miserable underground, but you'll save a bit of cash from not having to take much transport. 

Airport is super accessible - Another great thing about Copenhagen is that the main airport is about 15-20 minutes by metro or train. It makes the whole journey a lot less stressful!

Coloured Houses - One of my favourite places we went to was Christianshavn. This is a little neighbourhood in Copenhagen with the cutest little houses which just so happened to match my outfit. There was also the Church of our Savior which offered supreme views of the city from the top in this area. The colourful grafitti filled Freetown of Christiania was also near this area. If you're a fan of colours and street art you'll love these areas as well as the famous canal of Nyhavn.
Beautiful and interesting sights - Copenhagen definitely has a lot on offer in terms of sights. There are two beautiful castles - Rosenborg and Amalienborg among other sights and I genuinely enjoyed seeing the city. (Refer to my list at the bottom of this blog post for a list of things we did on our trip). 






The Negatives 
Not tons to do - If you're only going for a weekend, I think Copenhagen is the perfect trip for you. However, I was there for four days and it felt a bit too long. Typically 3 days is enough for me in any European city. 

Super Expensive - Copenhagen is hands down one of the most expensive places I have visited in a while. I recall going to the Dubliner for fish and chips and a pint. My friend had fish and chips also as well as two vodka and cokes. This ended up costing us around 60 euro which is super steep in my opinion.  




What we didn’t do 

A day trip to Aarhus - Aarhus is a popular choice for a day trip from Copenhagen and as an avid day trip enthusiast, I regret not heading to Aarhus when we definitely could have if we'd arranged our time better.
Carlsberg Museum - The Carlsberg Museum is the place where J.C Jacobsen established his brewery back in 1847. There is lots to experience here including beer tasting and a historical tour. Entry costs approximately 100 DKK for an adult and 70 DKK for a student.
The World Record Museum – Somewhere we happened to come across in Copenhagen was the world record museum. It definitely seemed like it'd be a fun museum to go to. 







A list of things we did do 

Saw the little mermaid 
Went to Amalienborg Castle 
Got hot chocolate and took generic tourist photos at Nyhavn
Visited Rosenborg Castle 
Spent an evening in Tivoli 
Went on a pub crawl 
Climbed the Church of our Saviour and saw Epic views of Copenhagen 
Visited the area of Christianshavn and took pictures with cute coloured houses 
Explored the Freetown of Christiania
Had a lazy day 
Ate Bubble Waffles 
Saw the Magestraede
Visited City Hall 
Had a general wander around the place 


Have you been to Copenhagen? 
What were your opinions on it?
 

FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!