Where to Eat in Glasgow

09:00:00




Hello lovelies, 

If you’ve read my previous blog post about underrated places to visit in Europe, you’ll know that Glasgow is one of my favourite cities. Not only is the architecture beautiful and it is pretty cheap compared to Dublin, but it also has a lot of great places to eat. I thought I would share some of these places with you guys in case I have already persuaded you to take a trip to this glorious Scottish destination. 

1. 
Singl-end 
Although this wasn’t a pit stop this time around, it was when I was previously in Glasgow (I’ve been four times now by the way). At the time, this place topped all restaurants in Glasgow, although now it has been defeated and has dropped to second place. Singl-end is in the western part of Glasgow, but is definitely worth the trip for brunch, especially if you like Instagram-able restaurants. I don’t remember exactly what we got but the food was delicious and presented beautifully. 






2The Brunch Club
During my most recent trip, we decided to venture to The Brunch Club for a change of scenery and let me tell you, I was absolutely thrilled we did. Not only was the place very pretty and the kind of place I wanted to take lots and lots of pictures of, but it had a great choice for food. I ended up trying to decide between chicken on waffles, a fried breakfast and an Acai bowl. They also offered many different cocktails, but I opted for a hot chocolate this time around. 





3. JoDandy’s
Although this cute little café isn’t close to Glasgow centre, I felt I had to give it a mention. Besides, I did actually eat here during my trip. Jodandy’s is a café located in Shawlands and we called in after our visit to Polok Country Park where we saw highland cows. What I instantly liked about this place was how cosy it felt. There were lots of cushions around as well as strings of fairy lights all over the place which made it all the more inviting. They had a sandwich specials list on a blackboard (which I assume is changed fairly regularly) which had some delicious options. Although I was tempted by the avocado, bacon and chicken sandwich which my boyfriend ended up ordering, I opted for pancakes as a late lunch instead. Some of you might think I’m crazy! What intrigued me more than the pancakes was the Jodandy’s special hot chocolate which was a mystery to me! I didn’t expect my hot chocolate to be served in a conical flask along with candy floss, brownie bits and chocolate chips though! I felt a bit like a scientist with the most delicious concoction on the planet. 



4. Martha’s  
For a bit of a healthier option, Martha’s is a good shout. Martha’s is an Asian styled restaurant which is situated not too far from Buchanan Street. It is absolutely delicious, the only problem is that the portions aren’t big enough in my opinion. I ended up having their jerk chicken which is essentially a chicken thigh which is marinated in Jamaican marinade with a mango salsa and yoghurt dressing. Delicious. 





5. Buck’s Bar 
It’s kind of become a little tradition that Adrian and I will go to Buck’s bar before my flight home from Glasgow because it is conveniently located fairly close to the bus stop. If I were to describe Buck’s Bar it would definitely be a fried chicken lover’s dream with a great community feel. I have been to this place twice, and both times there were pub quizzes which provide a great atmosphere. Then when you get their chicken it’s like heaven in your mouth. If you love chicken you’ll love this place and it’s a scale up from KFC or any generic fast food places. 


Have you been to Glasgow? I’d love to hear about some of your dining recommendations in the comments below! 
 

FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!