Los Angeles, California - Travel Diary

09:00:00





Hi Lovelies,

Ever since I knew I was going to be spending a few months in the states, I was very keen on heading to the west coast. I originally wanted to head to Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego, but realistically San Diego wasn’t going to fit into the small time frame we had. I travelled to California with my travel buddy Adrian and we had the most amazing three days there.

The number one rule in my mind when you’re heading to LA is that a car is absolutely necessary. I don’t have my full drivers license, but luckily Adrian did so we decided to rent a car for our few days in LA. We left a literal snowstorm in Chicago Illinois and were greeted by a glorious sunny paradise in LA.









Our first stop was Beverly Hills, where we explored The Rodeo Drive and the area in general. This area was most definitely a luxurious area and pretty expensive. I remember stopping in this restaurant where we got a fairly standard lunch of a sandwich and fries and were charged a lot for it. We managed to explore Beverly Hills pretty quickly and then headed to The Grove Shopping Centre. Other than purchasing my mandatory magnet for my collection, I didn’t really make any more purchases. However, Adrian and I bought a naughty piece of chocolate cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory. It was absolutely delicious. During our first evening, we got to see the views of Los Angeles at Griffith Observatory and watch the beautiful sunset for the first of many evenings.



The following day entailed walking the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The stars on this walk carry on for ages and ages, there are just so many names on it. Some of the main ones I remember seeing as Jimi Hendrix, Walt Disney, Britney Spears, Daniel Radcliffe and so much more. Following this, we drove around for a while and found a neighbourhood somewhere to get some cool pictures with the Hollywood sign. The mandatory pictures had been taken and we both had been craving some beach time. So we headed to Santa Monica Pier and Venice Beach. On arrival, we sat in some beach chairs that were around and I got an expensive coconut as I really wanted to try the coconut water. Sadly, it wasn’t worth it but it was very refreshing on the beach. We enjoyed splashing around in the water as well as the Ferris wheel at Santa Monica. Santa Monica was very touristy but there were these beautiful wooden postcards that I couldn’t resist buying as a souvenir for myself. After having some fun in Santa Monica we drove down to Venice Beach where we watched the sun set for the second time in a row. That evening we headed to the popular “In-N-Out” chain restaurant. It is cheap and pretty good for what you get. Our main regret was not trying the animal fries though.
Early on the third day, we set off on a quick flight to San Francisco. I’ll be writing my next travel diary on San Francisco.














I absolutely loved LA, and it is a fun and bustling location for those full of life and energy. Would love to revisit and have more time to bask in the glorious sunshine. My only regret is that we didn’t have the time to visit downtown LA. Would love to see it sometime.

Have you ever been to the west coast?
What was your highlight? 


FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

4 Comments

  1. Nice post! LA looks amazing, I really want to go there and definitely do the Hollywood Wake Of Fame.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm insanely jealous of your trip, it looked so fun! All your photos are fab too :)

    Dalal
    monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous! I've always wanted to visit LA! And your photos are amazing too! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went a long time ago with family on our way to Disney. I am from the country. Next time your in the states come to some camp grounds. Although may not be as fun as the beach.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!