Where to go to find umbrella passages in Europe!

10:27:00




Hello Everyone!

If you`ve been a loyal follower of mine on Instagram, then you`ll know that some of my favourite photos have been from umbrella passages. The umbrella passage is a popular installation across the world, but I thought I would start by sharing locations across Europe because so many exist. I know that I`ve travelled as far as Malta to find one but have also been lucky enough to stumble upon another passage in my hometown of Kilkenny in Ireland. I`m sure I`ll get to sharing passages from the rest of the world once I find more locations across Asia, North and South America.

For the past few months, I have kept a saved file on my Instagram with pictures of my own and other content creators who have managed to capture the magic with their photos. If you`re travelling or based in Europe, this guide will help you find some colorful and vibrant umbrella installations that you can try and visit. Please let me know if I`ve forgotten any passages and I will try to update this list as time goes on.

Where to find Umbrella Installations in Europe 

Ireland





The first spot is in Market Cross Shopping Centre, in my hometown of Kilkenny. The umbrellas can be found here during the summer months. And Hey! It's another form of protection if Ireland splatters a typical spell of rain. 



The second spot is located in the Cathedral Quarter of central Belfast in Northern Ireland. I have seen this spot covered solely with yellow umbrellas, but when I visited in February this year, I was greeted by this colorful array of floating umbrellas. This was the photo that started my obsession with umbrellas.




You can find the third spot at Dublin's famous club Zozzimus. Though I have not shot here yet, it's definitely on my list when I'm back in Ireland.


The UK



If you're in The UK (like a lot of people I've connected with online), then the two major spots I have heard of are in Liverpool and Colchester. The spot in Liverpool can be found on Church Alley, while the spot in Colchester is in Culver Square. 






France



It's not much of a mystery that the first place you must go to find umbrellas in France is to its elegant capital - Paris. Umbrellas can be found at a place called Le Village Royal in Paris. You may also find some in Rouen.






Not too far from the French city of Toulouse, you can find the Chateau de Fajac la Selve where these umbrellas live.


Poland




Heading to the Polish capital of Warsaw soon? Why not feast your eyes on these umbrellas at Francuska 30.

Romania 






If you're going to Romania any time soon (for more than just the umbrellas), then I highly recommend that you follow the lovely Nicola Lavin on Instagram as she has recently been there and has shared several inspiring photos from her trip. Two of these photos included the umbrella passage in the Romanian capital of Bucharest as well as this second vibrant spot in Timisoara. 


Slovakia




Serbia 




Malta 




If you've been following me for a while, then you'll know that my boyfriend is Maltese and that I have visited the stunning island 3 times. A spot I managed to skip until this year was this lovely spot in the village of Zabbar in Malta. Though, one must be aware that the umbrellas will not always be up due to the occurrence of festivals during the summer months.


Greece 



Heading to Greece for some sunshine? Why not lounge under these umbrellas at this spot in Ermoúpolis, Kikladhes, Greece? 


Turkey





Have you visited any of these installations?
Make sure to let me know if I have missed out on any installations and I'll be sure to add them to the list.

FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin


You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!